Monday, September 3, 2012

A New Home for My Story


Introduction.

Hello. My name is Ellouise Schoettler. My husband, Jim Schoettler, died at home under Hospice care March 6, 2012.  His first Funeral Mass was March 24. His next Mass and final burial at Arlington National Cemetary was August 1.

The full military honors ceremony was solemn, beautiful and comforting but I don't recommend having to plan two funerals if you can figure things out differently. 

From the beginning I needed to write about what was happening and I did so on my other blog Ellouisestory.blogspot.com.

For six years Ellouisestory has been my one place to write about story, storytelling and family.

I am working hard to return to my professional life as a storyteller and I want to have a little separation between the storyteller me and the widow me.

Now I want to talk about my life as a widow here. 

2 comments:

  1. I think you are very wise to have a separate and personal spot to write about you feelings. I know a couple other widows who also do this. I am a strong believer that each of us must...and can handle life in our own way. No two people are exactly the same.

    I write mountains of words, rarely post them. It is my little way of reducing stress.

    Thank-you for sharing your special moments with Jim. It is encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to following both your blogs now!

    ReplyDelete